Position Title: Administrator Disciplinary & International Matches
Reports to: Event & Disciplinary Sr. Manager
Supports: Club Competitions and National Competitions
Position based in: Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The Administrator of Disciplinary & International Matches oversees two areas within the Club’s and National Team’s Competitions. The main role of this position is to support the Concacaf Disciplinary Department and the International Matches Approval process in the Concacaf Region.
- Support and manage all disciplinary matters before, during and after each competition – circulars, letters, proceedings, and communications to the participating teams/clubs and FIFA
- Serve as secretary to the Disciplinary and Appeal Committees during competitions
- Draft and execute decisions taken by the Concacaf Disciplinary and Appeal Committees such as: reprimands, warnings, fines, and any other additional sanctions
- Keep track of pending/outstanding suspensions including regional and FIFA competitions
- Communicate and update the finance department with list of fines imposed to Federations / Clubs and deadline to collect payments
- Support and manage the International Matches approval process within the Concacaf region for Tiers 1, 2 and 3
- Assist and support the Finance Department with levies collection
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
- Prepare disciplinary investigations and cases to be addressed by the Disciplinary Committee. This process requires gathering all evidence for cases, translation of documents and drafting final decisions taken by the Committee
- Coordinate appointments for the Disciplinary and Appeal Committee Members per competition
- Work along with FIFA and other Confederations on the approval process for International Matches
- Produce the yearly Congress report on International Matches per Member Association
- Collect match reports for all International Matches approved by Concacaf
- Maintain and update the disciplinary record for the FIFA World Cup Qualifiers
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in sports management
- Strong knowledge of the sport and the overall soccer landscape in the Concacaf region
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Self-motivated, self-directed, proactive and strong work ethic
- Superior organization and project management skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under pressure/deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Fluency in English and Spanish (writing, reading, speaking) French and Dutch are a plus.
- Skilled in the use of all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other technology programs (Adobe)
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 10 to 15%
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.