Position Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Supports: A/P Department
Position based in: CONCACAF Headquarters Miami
WHO IS CONCACAF?
We are “The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football” and one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). CONCACAF serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is compose of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
CONCACAF is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for completing payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
Perform the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions to ensure that the vendor payments are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner. Provide Accounts Payable Supervisor with administrative and financial support.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Verifies that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Answers all vendor inquiries
- Prepare batches of invoices for data entry
- Data enter invoices for payment
- Assist with management of biweekly check run & wire payments
- Record all checks & wires into system
- Prepare vendor checks for mailing
- Files away vendor payments
- Maintain updated vendor files
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Knowledge of accounts payable and maintaining general ledgers
- Ability to maintain high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- Excellent interpersonal skills, High attention to detail
- Analytical and problem solving skills. Very effective organizational skills
- Effective written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Ability to operate Great Plains (GP), excel spreadsheets and email communications at a highly proficient level. Be trustworthy, flexible and demonstrate sound work ethics
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program, 401K and assigned gym membership.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send an updated CV to Jobs@concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.