Position Title: Accounting Manager
Reports to: Controller
Oversees: Staff Accountant
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters, Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The primary responsibility and focus of this position are to assist with on-going compliance of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and completion of internal and external financial reporting. Key external financial reporting duties include direct assistance with all financial statement audits, annual development grants, as well as all local, state, national and international tax compliance matters. Internal financial reporting responsibilities include assisting with month-end closing processes including account reconciliations and month-end financial packages for review by the Controller, Chief Financial Officer, General Secretary and Executive Council.
- Assist and support the preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual internal financial reporting.
- The Accounting Manager is expected to be a right hand to the Controller
- Responsible for the periodic review, updating and improving of all accounting policies and procedures, and adherence to internal controls and internal audit requirements.
- Manages the staff accountant including review of accounts receivables, deferred revenue, collections, and unbilled revenue.
- Assists in reviewing work flow to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed accurately and in compliance and lead in accounting automation
- Research accounting issues for compliance with GAAP
- Assists in monthly closing process, including review of ledger entries and reconciliations schedules, accruals, and “cut-off” procedures, bank reconciliations, and sub-ledger roll forward schedules.
- Provide assistance and serve as key contact for internal and external auditors
- Assists in preparing periodic reports of actual spending relative to FIFA Development approved budget for auditing by external firm.
- Prepares general ledger reconciliations on a regular and timely basis.
- Assists in the review of revenue and expense contracts and demonstrate an understanding of its financial and accounting implications.
- Assists in training staff on proper company policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate an ability to stay updated on all changes to GAAP and pertinent changes in financial and tax regulations and other industry news.
- Assists in performing ad-hoc administrative and management reporting
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA Preferred
- Minimum of 3 or more years of accounting experience or minimum of 2 or more years in major international audit firm
- Experience in external and internal auditing and/or accounting ideally with some experience in entertainment, sports or media.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting operations.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Must be a process-driven thinker and goal oriented.
- Strong knowledge of internal control processes, ethics and a clear communication style.
- Leadership in ethical behavior and business practices.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel & Powerpoint) and knowledge of accounting systems, ideally with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains systems.
- Continuous improvement mentality.
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills for building relationships with peers, employees and partners, plus excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.