Position Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Oversees: Business Development Manager
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters, Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The primary responsibility and focus of this position is to generate new business revenues with local, regional and national companies through the sale of fully integrated sponsorship packages of Concacaf assets, as well as marketing, media and promotional programs that include marketing rights, on premise signage, game sponsorships, promotions, event marketing and digital assets.
The position will work closely with Concacaf internal and external sales and support staff in packaging, developing, selling and tracking all aspects of the Confederation’s Sponsorship and Licensing assets across all Concacaf properties and will help manage the relationship with Concacaf’s exclusive sponsorship agent, Soccer United Marketing and Concacaf’s Master Licensee for consumer products.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional that will lead this high performing area reporting to the Confederation’s Chief Commercial Officer. In addition to direct sales responsibility, this candidate will oversee department personnel and manage department projects, working as part of a team and being capable of solving problems independently.
- Identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services.
- Create, develop and sell sponsorship packages across the region while working hand in hand with Federations, Local Organizing Committees and Clubs.
- Develops contacts and prospects that ensure long-term profitability for the Confederation and Partners.
- Maintain relationships with existing partners while managing the full portfolio of assets
- Conduct strategic business reviews and manage account retention.
- Deliver, alongside with appropriate stakeholders, all contracted commercial assets.
- Develop relationships with key partners in different categories in Central America and the Caribbean.
- Develop and maintain a detailed tracking system for all the Confederation’s assets, while developing new assets for monetization.
- Responsible for delivering biweekly report on commercial activities to Senior Management.
- Review data to analyze efficiency of sponsorship sales, activations and partner promotions to determine progress towards stated goals.
- Work with analytics agencies to evaluate the performance of Concacaf partnerships
- Create and present partnership post-event recaps to all the Confederation’s commercial partners.
- Develop with the Chief Commercial Officer mid- and long-term Business Development strategies for Concacaf.
- Monitor sports business industry, through publications, conferences and other sources, to maintain the Confederation informed of the latest trends and ideas in the marketplace.
- Liaise with Concacaf’s master licensee in developing and executing a joint commercial strategy. Ensure all legal, logistic and administrative obligations of the licensee are accomplished in full.
- Work close with Brand Marketing department and master licensee to ensure all branded merchandise is aligned with Concacaf’s brand guidelines.
- Other related duties as required
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Sports Sales and Business Development.
- Proven experience analyzing and creating successful sponsorship platforms.
- Experience negotiating and selling sponsorship packages.
- Knowledge of business planning and financial performance measures.
- P&L management and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven track record working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working as both part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 10 to 15%
- Must be bilingual (English and Spanish).
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.