Women’s Football Business Development Manager
Position Title: Women’s Football Business Development Manager
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters, Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote, and manage football throughout the region.
The Women’s Football Business Development Manager will play a critical role in helping the organization deliver against the Concacaf women’s football strategy for developing women’s football in the Concacaf region. The role will have its primary focus on the creation and selling of commercial platforms that will help grow the women’s game and Concacaf women’s competitions in the new ecosystem launched in December 2020.
The right candidate will be a person who is passionate about women’ sports and is committed to impacting the landscape of women’s football across the Concacaf region by performing the following functions successfully:
- Assist the organization in delivering behind the current women’s football strategy and continue to evolve the strategy based on current and future realities in the Concacaf region.
- Develop plans to drive revenue growth for Concacaf W initiatives and competitions inclusive of asset development, strategic alliances and exploration of untapped opportunities.
- Work closely with broader Commercial team to ensure that all efforts are aligned in maximizing exposure, driving fan engagement and growing revenue opportunities.
- Partner with other Concacaf departments (e.g., Competitions, Development, Member Associations, Communications, Brand, and all internal administrative areas) to execute current Concacaf W strategic plan and maximize synergies:
- Work with the Competition’s department in the continued enhancement and delivery of Concacaf women’s and youth competitions and overseeing the Women’s Football master tournaments match schedules to maximize commercial value.
- Work with the development department in designing and executing women’s football youth grassroots development programs that are partner friendly, sustainable and scalable.
- Work with the Member Associations Division in assisting Member Associations with revenue generating activities for their women’s teams.
- Work with the Communications and Brand Departments to enhance the visibility of our competitions and development programs to position the women’s activities at the highest level.
- Help develop and monitor budgets, revenue pipeline and valuation model.
- Monitor sports business industry and Women’s Football ecosystem, through publications, conferences, and other sources, and develop key industry relationships to maintain the Confederation informed of the latest trends and ideas in the marketplace.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Masters in Sport’s Management, Marketing or related field, preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in Women’s sports, 4 of which should ideally be in the Concacaf region.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others.
- Strong organizational abilities including strategic planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Demonstrated business development experience.
- Proven track record of managing multiple projects while effectively meeting deadlines.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills. Strong influencing and interpersonal skills. Comfortable interacting with and presenting to senior executives.
- Excellent business communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to interface and engage with diverse Governments and NGO’s groups.
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 30%-40%.
Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.