PR and Communications Manager
Position Title: PR and Communications Manager
Reports to: Director of Communications
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters, Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America, and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname, and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote and manage football throughout the region.
The PR and Communications Manager is a new position in the Concacaf communications department. The successful candidate will lead the day-to-day proactive PR and communications at the organization, focusing primarily on PR and publicity for development and CSR work, women’s football, commercial partnerships, and brand communications. Working closely with the Director of Communications, the role includes delivering communications strategies to enhance the reputation of Concacaf with stakeholders, including sports and non-sports media. The position includes regular engagement with several departments across the organization, with Concacaf’s Member Associations, and with partners. The position will also include some support for the delivery of the organization’s internal communications strategy.
- Working closely with the Director of Communications to deliver PR strategies to promote all aspects of Concacaf
- Develop and deliver high-quality strategies to promote Concacaf’s Development and CSR work across the region
- Play a leading role in raising awareness regionally and internationally of Concacaf’s women’s football strategy (“Concacaf W”)
- Leading the day-to-day delivery of commercial PR and brand PR which promotes Concacaf’s partnerships and activations
- Regular engagement with Concacaf Member Associations to amplify and support the promotion of their positive stories and announcements
- Regular engagement with PR colleagues at Concacaf’s commercial sales agency (Soccer United Marketing) and PR executives at sponsors to ensure Concacaf’s commercial partnerships and activations are widely publicized
- Regular engagement with sports business and lifestyle media across the region to promote Concacaf; ensure media inquiries in these areas are promptly managed
- Create and regularly update briefing materials on key topics for the organization
- Deliver editorial content strategy specifically in the areas of Women’s football and to publicize Concacaf’s development programs
- Support the briefing of Concacaf spokespeople for panel events and media appearances
- Oversee the development of internal corporate and PR reports
- Support the delivery of Concacaf’s internal communications strategy
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree; in communication-related field preferable
- At least 5 years of combined experience in PR and communications or a related field
- PR agency experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Spanish, French and/or Dutch language knowledge is a plus
- Impeccable writing and editing skills
- Strong management skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter who can work independently within set objectives
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while working as both part of a team as well as independently.
- Experience working and multi-tasking in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to solve issues in a multicultural environment
- A passion for sport and its wider benefits
- Knowledge of the football (soccer) industry is a plus but not essential
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximate travel requirement: 30%
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties, and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to the market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.