Position Title: Communications Associate
Reports to: Corporate Communications and CSR Senior Manager
Position based in: Kingston, Jamaica
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA. Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote, and manage football throughout the region.
The Communications Associate will play a key role in a fast-paced and dynamic communications department. The position holder will work as a “communications generalist” with a range of day-to-day public relations and corporate communications responsibilities, with a focus on the Caribbean region. These responsibilities include producing daily media reviews, delivering publicity for projects and programs delivered by Concacaf and its Member Associations, and drafting internal and external communications materials. This role will include regular engagement with media in the Caribbean region and with Concacaf Member Associations.
- Produce daily media reviews focused on the Caribbean region
- Support the communications requirements for Concacaf PR and events in the Caribbean region
- Draft internal communications documents and updates, media releases and advisories, event plans, internal briefing documents and other important internal and external communications
- Support the delivery of communications to promote Concacaf football development, CSR and Member Association activities which take place in the Caribbean region
- Support Concacaf and Generation Amazing football development program project launches
- Support Concacaf in sourcing and communicating positive football stories related to the football activities of our Member Associations in the region
- Opportunity to be trained to act as a Media Officer for Concacaf tournaments and events which take place in the Caribbean region
- Other communications responsibilities as required
- Keep regular engagement with several departments across the organization, and freelancers, ensuring all of the Confederation’s media activities are covered and operated at a high standard.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor's degree; ideally in communications, journalism, or related field
- Ideal candidate will have minimum 3 years working in communications or related field
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and the ability to prioritize are essential
- Experience writing press releases, reports, PR and/or marketing materials a major plus
- Digitally savvy with experience supporting digital communications
- Experience working in/with professional sports organizations a plus but is not essential
- A knowledge of and passion for football (soccer) is a major plus
- A knowledge of and passion for women’s sports is a major plus
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communications skills is essential (shortlisted candidates may be required to undertake a written exercise as part of the interview process)
- Ability to speak an additional Concacaf language (Spanish, French or Dutch) will be considered a plus but is not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) is required.
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximate travel requirement: 40%
Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in Jamaica and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.