Position Title: Communications Associate
Reports to: Football Communications Senior Manager
Position based in: Guatemala City, Guatemala
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA. Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote, and manage football throughout the region.
The Communications Associate will play a key role in a fast-paced and dynamic communications department. The position holder will work as a “communications generalist” with a range of day-to-day public relations and football communications responsibilities, with a focus on the Central American region. These responsibilities include producing daily media reviews, drafting press releases and communications materials, supporting PR efforts for Concacaf events in Central America, and working on the ongoing delivery of Concacaf’s football editorial content calendar. This role will include regular engagement with media in Central America and with Concacaf Member Associations.
- Produce media reviews focused on Central America and Mexico
- Support the communications requirements for Concacaf PR and events in Central America
- Draft and translate media releases and advisories, internal football communications documents, social media posts and other important internal and external communications
- Support the ongoing development of the organization’s football editorial content calendar, ensuring it includes relevant events and competitions from Central America and Mexico
- Co-manage the Confederation’s Media Hub content. This includes day-to-to-day competition updates (lineups, schedules, regulations, etc.), maintenance and user management
- Act as Media Officer for tournaments and events. This role includes working together and becoming the main point of contact between Concacaf Media, teams and media
- Other communications responsibilities as required
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor's degree; ideally in communications, journalism, or related field
- Ideal candidate will have minimum 2-3 years working in communications or related field
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and the ability to prioritize are essential
- Experience writing press releases and reports will be considered a major plus
- Experience of media operations is considered a major plus
- Experience working in professional sports not essential but will be considered a plus
- A knowledge of and passion for football (soccer) is a major plus
- A knowledge of and passion for women’s sports is a major plus
- Fluency in Spanish with excellent verbal and written communications skills is essential (shortlisted candidates may be required to undertake a written exercise as part of the interview process)
- Ideal candidate will also have a high level of spoken and written English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) is required.
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximate travel requirement: 40%
Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in Guatemala and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.