Position Title: Administrator Disciplinary & International Approvals
Reports to: Disciplinary & Administration Sr. Manager
Supports: Football Competitions
Position based in: Concacaf Headquarters, Miami
We are The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football, one of six continental confederations of FIFA. Concacaf serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations united by the passion for football, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Suriname and French Guiana in the south.
Concacaf is committed to develop, promote, and manage football throughout the region.
The Administrator Disciplinary & International Approvals will support the Concacaf Disciplinary Department and the International Matches Approval process in the Concacaf Region. The successful candidate will assist sending important communications and correspondences to Concacaf’s stakeholders.
- Support and coordinate disciplinary matters before, during and after each competition – circulars, letters, proceedings, and communications to the participating teams/clubs and FIFA
- Serve as secretary to the Disciplinary and Appeal Committees during competitions. Including coordination of appointments for the Disciplinary and Appeal Committee Members per competition
- Assist in the preparation of disciplinary investigations and cases to be addressed by the Disciplinary Committee. This process requires gathering all evidence for cases, translation of documents and drafting final decisions taken by the Concacaf Disciplinary and Appeal Committees such as: reprimands, warnings, fines, and any other additional sanctions
- Keep track of pending/outstanding suspensions including regional and FIFA competitions
- Communicate and update the finance department with list of fines imposed to Federations / Clubs and deadline to collect payments
- Support the International Matches approval process within the Concacaf region for Tiers 1, 2 and 3. As well, assist and support the Finance Department with levies collection. This process requires working along with FIFA and other Confederations on the approval process for International Matches
- Collect match reports for all International Matches approved by Concacaf and produce the yearly Congress report on International Matches per Member Association
- Maintain project schedules and administrative procedures up to date
- Collaborate on various projects involving other departments as required and facilitate cross departmental communication
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in sports management
- Ideal candidate will have minimum 2 years of experience in similar positions.
- Strong knowledge of the sport and the overall soccer landscape in the Concacaf region
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is critical and professionalism in dealing with others both inside and outside of the confederation is a must
- Self-motivated, self-directed, proactive, and strong work ethic
- Superior organization and project management skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task, ability to prioritize workflow and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under pressure/deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and French or Spanish). Dutch is a plus
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Adobe, Microsoft Project and/or other project management software a plus
- Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties. Approximately travel requirement: 20%
Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
Concacaf provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits are competitive according to market.
Concacaf is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to Jobs@Concacaf.org
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in Jamaica and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.