MIAMI, Florida – 2018 Concacaf Women’s Championship winners the United States spearheads the Concacaf Female Best XI for 2018.
Five players from the U.S., two from Canada, two from Jamaica and two from Mexico’s Under-17 National Team compose the best 11 players from the past calendar year.
Among the notable inclusions are U.S. FW Alex Morgan, who was named the 2018 Concacaf Women’s Player of the Year and 2018 Concacaf Female Goalkeeper of the Year Alyssa Naeher of the U.S.
Also included in the list are DF Tanna Sanchez and MF Nicole Perez who were part Mexico’s Under-17 National Team that reached the Final of the 2018 FIFA Under-17 Women’s World Cup in Uruguay. Perez scored three goals during the tournament and took home the Silver Ball Award.
Khadija Shaw and Jody Brown of Jamaica played a huge part in making history for Jamaican women’s football, as the Reggae Girlz earned their first ever trip to a FIFA Women’s World Cup thanks to their third-place finish at the 2018 Concacaf Women’s Championship in which they defeated Panama 4-2 in a penalty shootout in the Third-Place Match.
It was also no surprise to see veteran FW Christine Sinclair of Canada earn a spot in the Best XI. The 14-time Canada Women’s Player of the Year winner scored four goals during the 2018 Concacaf Women’s Championship in leading her country to a seventh straight FIFA Women’s World Cup qualification.
The Concacaf Women’s Best XI is as follows (4-3-3 formation)
- GK Alyssa Naeher (USA) – Chicago Red Stars/USA
- DF Kadeisha Buchanan (CAN) – Olympique Lyonnais/FRA
- DF Crystal Dunn (USA) – NC Courage/USA
- DF Tanna Sanchez (MEX U-17) – Tecnologico de Monterrey Campus Puebla/MEX
- DF Becky Sauerbrunn (USA) – Utah Royals FC/USA
- MF Lindsey Horan (USA) – Portland Thorns/USA
- MF Khadija Shaw (JAM) – University of Tennessee/USA
- MF Nicole Perez (MEX U-17) – CD Guadalajara/MEX
- FW Christine Sinclair (CAN) – Portland Thorns/USA
- FW Alex Morgan (USA) – Orlando Pride/USA
- FW Jody Brown (JAM) – AS Roma/ITA