Webb meets with Costa Rican delegation
Advertisement
 

MIAMI - CONCACAF President, Jeffrey Webb, hosted a productive meeting on Wednesday with a delegation from Costa Rica to discuss their commitment and set a clear roadmap to regain FIFA's confidence in hosting the U-17 Women's World Cup 2014.

"I have noticed the delegation's commitment to working towards a successful resolution of former obstacles and have reinforced FIFA's concern regarding previously stipulated deadlines," said Webb. "I am confident this visit has created an environment of cooperation conducive to fostering the fulfillment of all requirements in order to regain FIFA's confidence in Costa Rica's assurance to successfully host next year's FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup."

Present at the meeting, which was held at the Confederation's offices in Miami, were the Minister for the Costa Rican Presidency, Carlos Ricardo Benavides, the Minister of Sports, William Corrales, the President of the Costa Rican Football Federation (Fedefutbol), Eduardo Li, and CONCACAF General Secretary, Enrique Sanz.

Furthering their commitment and support to regain the privilege of hosting the FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup, the Costa Rican delegation confirmed they had convened with the relevant institutions to expedite all infrastructure projects relative to the organization of this event and acknowledged the imminent need to produce concrete evidence of advancements before FIFA's Executive Committee meeting on March 20th and 21st in Zurich.
 
"CONCACAF acknowledges the efforts made by the Costa Rica Football Federation to fulfill the stipulated deadlines and would like to express its gratitude for their commitment to promoting women's football," said Webb.

As stipulated by their technical advisors, construction for the Jaco and Liberia stadiums will take approximately 7 months for completion and will begin promptly, as all relevant plans and permits have already been processed.