Position Title: Manager Press Operations & Media Services
Reports to: Director of Communications and Community Relations
Supports: Director of Public Affairs, Office of the President
Position based in: CONCACAF Offices, Miami, FL
CONCACAF "The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football" is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 40 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
The Manager of Press Operations & Media Services is the confederation's main point person for day to day media operations. He/she is responsible for overseeing the daily press operations as well as media services including the development of press releases, media advisories, game/tournament notes as well as media/press manuals and guidelines. Duties also include a strong focus on developing and compiling relevant information to assist broadcast partners.
* Works in coordination with Director of Communications and Marketing to establish communication strategies for maximum media exposure of confederations' announcements and events.
* Responsible for all press operations of CONCACAF's events, including media set up, media credentialing, media backdrops, press kits, media gifts, media logistics, etc.
* Develops and writes bilingual media documents, including press releases, media advisories, media guides, press kits, game notes as well as manuals and guidelines in coordination with * Director of Communication and Marketing and Senior Manager of Editorial Content for all of the confederation's events (Congresses, Tournaments, Draws and Press Conference Announcements)
* Works with each of the confederation's department to maintain the editorial calendar up to date with relevant media/pr specific events.
* Maintains the confederation's email database up to date while developing strategies to expand its reach.
* Responsible for securing approvals for press materials and distributing them through established system.
* Responsible along with Press Officer of daily media monitoring of relevant local, national and international soccer news.
* Responsible along with Press Officer of daily media clipping services of relevant local, national and international soccer news.
* Responsible for assisting the Manager of Web and New Media with the confederation's Twitter feed along with the Director of Communications and Press Officer.
* Liaises with the counter parts in all 40 Member Associations, other confederations and FIFA for all media-related initiatives and content.
* Works closely with Graphic Design department and agencies to maintain consistency in all press materials.
* Organizes tournament and event media operations and press box management in coordination with Director of Communications, supporting agencies as well as local venue press officers
* Responsible in coordination with Senior Manager of Editorial Content for developing Venue Press Officer network in the entire region
* Responsible for reading and responding to all e-mails from media, press officers, etc.
* Responsible for Publishing "Signals", CONCACAF's weekly newsletter in coordination with Senior Manager of Editorial Content and Publications.
* Manage with Press Officer and Venue Press Officers the distribution of Media Credentials and Photo bibs for events
* Travel to confederation events to manage press conferences, games, training sessions, etc. on-location
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
* Works with the Director of Communications and Marketing, Director of Public Affairs as well as Manager of Editorial Content to identify editorial strategy, manage writing, editing and production of content on a daily basis.
* Assists the Senior Manager of editorial Content on game-nights with Spanish translations of game related coverage as needed for webpage
* Develop press operations' best practices and travel to Member Associations to share.
* Other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
* Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations and/or communications required.
* Ideal candidate should have 5+ years of professional experience in the field.
* Experience working with soccer governing bodies and/or teams is a plus.
* Ideal candidate ought to be professional, motivated and enthusiastic.
* Must have excellent writing skills both in English and Spanish.
* Must have strong interpersonal and external communication skills; possess a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to maintain smooth working relationships with all internal staff and management.
* Ability to solve issues in a multicultural environment.
* Knowledge and passion of the sport.
* Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties.
* Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: email@example.com