Position Title: Manager Public Affairs
Reports to: Director of Public Affairs, Office of the President
Supports: Director of Communications and Community Relations
Position based in: CONCACAF Offices, Miami, FL
CONCACAF "The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football" is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 40 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
The Public Affairs Manager plays an important role in disseminating the organization's plans and initiatives through all forms of communications. It assists in building CONCACAF's reputation among key media outlets and industry stakeholders within the region and internationally. It also collaborates in managing the organization's public reputation maintaining a favorable image of the confederation and its leadership. Furthermore, it assists in creating a strong institutional image for the organization with the goal of integrating all stakeholders into collaborating towards common goals.
* Works in coordination with Director of Public Affairs to establish stakeholder engagement and portray the confederations in a favorable light
* Works with and supports the Communications team on all relevant media/pr specific events.
* Works in conjunction with Manager of Press Operations to maintain and organize the confederation's email database while developing strategies to expand its reach.
* Responsible for securing approvals for press materials and distributing them through pre-established outlets.
* Responsible along with Press Officer of daily media monitoring of relevant local, national and international institutional news.
* Responsible for assisting the Manager of Web and New Media with the confederation's institutional Twitter feed news along with the Director of Public Affairs.
* Liaises with the counter parts in all 40 Member Associations, other confederations and FIFA for all institutional media-related initiatives and content.
* Responsible in coordination with Senior Manager of Editorial Content for developing Venue Press Officer network in the entire region
* Travel to confederation events to manage press conferences, events, meetings and training sessions, etc. on-location
* Has good understanding of the company's objectives, mission and vision and pro-activeness in generating new ideas for effective institutional communications.
* Develops and executes integrated communications products of the company's institutional internal and external communications, including website, publications, newsletters, press releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, invitations, letters, presentations and reports.
* Forms important bridges between media, stakeholders and other potential organizations that would contribute in fulfilling the Confederation's strategic goals. Enhances meaningful relationships with targeted internal and external audiences.
* Works with senior staff, committee members and other executive level stakeholders nurturing organizational relationships.
* Strengthens relationships with current institutional partners and identifies potential new ones
* Supports the Confederation on Institutional Relations projects by preparing documents and organizing activities, following up on strategies defined by the organization's leadership
* Researches, organizes press tours, and coordinates CONCACAF leadership official visits and public speaking engagements. Writes Spanish and English press releases, letters, presentations and reports making sure they reach the target audience with strategically aligned messages.
* Maintains the organization's corporate image and identity and prepares in-house newsletters targeted at the different audiences that would carry important leadership announcements and develop instructional or inspirational messages for internal audiences.
* Responsible for arranging interviews, maximizing institutional positioning opportunities and assisting with basic protocol at official events.
* Know, observe, study and report on social, economic and political trends that might promote or boost or affect the progress of the organization.
* Vast understanding of media within the region and internationally.
* Issues and crisis management experience.
* Tracks and reports all Public Affairs activities
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
* Works with the Director of Public Affairs and the Director of Communications and Marketing, as well as Manager of Editorial Content, to identify editorial strategy, manage writing, editing and production of content on a daily basis.
* Assists the Senior Manager of editorial Content on leadership releases information with Spanish translations of institutional related coverage as needed for webpage
* Other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
* Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations and/or communications required.
* Ideal candidate should have 5+ years of professional experience in the field.
* Experience working with global brands on institutional communication areas is a plus.
* Ideal candidate ought to be professional, motivated and enthusiastic.
* Must have excellent writing skills both in English and Spanish.
* Must have strong interpersonal and external communication skills; possess a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to maintain smooth working relationships with all internal staff and management.
* Ability to solve issues in a multicultural environment.
* Knowledge of the soccer in the region a plus.
* Candidate must have the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally for the performance of his/her duties.
* Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: email@example.com