Position Ttile: Manager, Website and New Media
Reports to: Director of Communications and Community Relations
Supports: Director of Public Affairs, Office of the President
Position based in: CONCACAF Offices, Miami, FL
CONCACAF "The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football" is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 40 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
The Manager is responsible for overseeing design, implementation, and maintenance of the confederation's digital platforms as well as the administration of updated content (video, audio & editorial). Duties also include assisting with the identification of new media strategies and developing editorial ideas.
- Develops digital strategy for CONCACAF in coordination with Director of Communication and Marketing.
- Works with each department to develop specific strategies that fit the overall digital vision of the confederation to help further business objectives and goals.
- Responsible for daily content update and trafficking of CONCACAF's digital properties including website, social media and email working in close relationship with Manager of Editorial Content and Publications
- Coordinates tournament and event coverage in coordination with Manager of Editorial Content and Publications
- Works with the Director of Communications and Marketing, Director of Public Affairs as well as Manager of Editorial Content to identify editorial strategy, manage writing, editing and production of content on a daily basis for inclusion on digital platforms.
- Works across the organization to ensure the digital properties are driving key initiatives, including: ticket sales, merchandize sales, marketing, TV tune-ins, and community programming.
- Continuously works to ensure the web properties are using cutting edge technology.
- Manages online streaming video on official player and YouTube.
- Manages the confederation's Twitter feed along with confederation's Director of Communications and Press Officer.
- Liaises with the counter parts in all 40 Member Associations, other confederations and FIFA for all web-related initiatives and content.
- Works closely with Graphic Design department and agencies to maintain consistency between web properties.
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Manage and develop video content plan for tournaments in coordination with Video Department.
- Assist with general Communications tasks including translation of content for the webpage
- Travel to confederation events to cover them on-location
- Develop best web, social media practices and travel to Member Associations to share.
- Other related duties as required.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required.Ideal candidate is proficient with
- the following computer programs: CSS, HTML Photoshop and Final Cut.
- Ideal candidate should have 5+ years of professional experience in the field.
- Ideal candidate ought to be professional, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and external communication skills; possess a strong. customer service orientation and have the ability to maintain smooth working relationships with all internal staff and management.
- Ability to collect and analyze data to maximize the performance across all platforms.
Knowledge and passion of the sport.
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org