Three teams are in, 11 teams are out and 10 still have a chance to reach the quarterfinals of the CONCACAF Champions League.
With one week remaining in the Champions League, five head-to-head matchups will determine the remainder of the knockout round field when play resumes October 23.
The Seattle Sounders, LA Galaxy and two-time defending champion Monterrey already have clinched their berths by winning their respective groups.
After points, the CONCACAF Champions League regulations ranks teams in order of head-to-head results, head-to-head goal difference, head-to-head away goals, goal difference in all matches, goals in all matches, away goals in all matches - and then if all else fails, drawing of lots.
Knowing the tiebreakers, the scenarios for who will win the groups, are as follows:
Santos (MEX) leads Toronto FC (CAN) by three points, having won in Toronto 3-1 on August 28. They meet again in Torreon, Mexico on October 24.
- Santos advances with win or draw. It can also advance with a loss if the loss is by one goal, or by two goals so long as it does not allow Toronto to score four goals or more.
- Toronto advances with a victory by three goals or more. If Toronto wins by two goals, it can only advance if it scores four or more.
Herediano (CRC) leads Real Salt Lake (USA) by three points, having won the first encounter 1-0 in San Jose, Costa Rica, on July 31. The group finale is October 23 at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah.
- Real Salt Lake advances with a 1-0 victory, or a victory of two goals or more.
- Herediano advances with a win or tie, or a loss of one goal so long as it scores at least one goal.
The Houston Dynamo (USA) leads the group with seven points, three more than Olimpia (HON). The two drew 1-1 in Tegucigalpa, Honduras, on August 30, and meet again at Houston's BBVA Compass Stadium on October 23.
- Houston advances with win or draw.
- Olimpia advances with win.
- Seattle Sounders FC (USA) has clinched.
- LA Galaxy (USA) have clinched.
Alajuelense (CRC) leads Tigres UANL (MEX) by two points, with the two having drawn 2-2 in Alajuela, Costa Rica, on August 22.
- Alajuelense advances with win or draw.
- Tigres advances with win.
- Monterrey (MEX) has clinched.
Xelaju (GUA) leads the group with seven points, three more than Guadalajara (MEX). Xelaju won the first encounter in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala, on August 21 and the two will clash again on October 25 in Mexico.
- Xelaju (GUA) advances with win or draw. Xelaju also advances with loss of one goal, so long as it scores a goal.
- CD Guadalajara advances with a 1-0 victory, or a victory by two goals or more.
Once the group winners are determined, the quarterfinal pairings will be set with teams seeded based on their records, with the top seed facing the eighth seed, two vs. seven, three vs. six, and four vs. five. After points, the teams will be seeded in order of: goal difference, most goals scored, most goals scored away from home, most victories, most victories away from home, and finally lots.