Posted: October 31, 2013
Position Title: Manager of Operations
Reports to: Director of Competitions
Position based in: CONCACAF Miami
CONCACAF “The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football” is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
The Manager of Operations will lead the Operations of all CONCACAF Events and Competitions, working closely with other functional areas such as Competitions, Marketing and Communications, Sponsorships, and Public Affairs, to ensure a successful execution of such events and competitions. The qualified candidate will lead the planning, on site execution, and post event analysis phase of all competitions and special events that may take place anywhere in the CONCACAF region.
- Direct all competitions and/or special events’ operations
- Oversee and develop planning of competitions’ operations, from site inspections to on site execution of the competitions and/or special events
- Liaise with other functional areas to secure smooth internal communication while planning events and competitions
- Work with President and General Secretary with regard to the scheduling of non-soccer specific events such as Congresses, Executive Committee meetings, etc. and other events as requested
- Manage the relationship with the agencies hired to develop, produce and operate the non-soccer specific events.
- Arrange all aspects of events, such as security, technical requirements, meeting set-up, airport transfers, hotel accommodations, needed rental equipment and various services and staffing
- Organize competition live draws, event summits, team workshops
- Work closely with local organizing committees for any competition to ensure adequate preparations are fulfilled to host teams and competitions
- Liaise with TV broadcasters in the development of event schedules and kick off times
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- At least 3 years of sports and events operations experience required
- Soccer operations experience and knowledge of the sport is a must.
- Strong understanding of soccer competitions, game day operations, fan development and overall organization of major events.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff. Management skills, leadership, and motivational ability are crucial
- Organization, detail oriented, and multi task skills are also essential
- Ability to budget time effectively. Travel is required, 60%.
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
To apply, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.