Posted: November 21, 2013
Position Title: Head of Refereeing, CONCACAF
Department: Referee Department
Reports to: General Secretary
Supports: All refereeing issues within CONCACAF
Position based in: CONCACAF Miami
CONCACAF “The Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football” is one of six continental confederations of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association) and serves as the governing body of football in this part of the world. It is composed of 41 national associations, from Canada in the north to Guyana, Surinam and French Guyana in the south.
To provide visionary leadership for all refereeing related issues within CONCACAF. Oversee all referee program-related issues within CONCACAF.
- Develop and lead plans relating to the development of referees, assessors, instructors and administrators throughout the Confederation.
- Direct and coordinate the functions of the Heads of Refereeing in UNCAF and the CFU.
- Prepare and provide referee and assessor appointment recommendations to the appropriate individuals/committees.
- Oversee the planning and organization of the program and materials for all CONCACAF courses.
- Create referee “profiles” by tracking performances (assessments) and assignments as well as fitness results.
- Attend CONCACAF and regional (as needed) tournaments to monitor, evaluate and train officials and assessors.
- Watch CONCACAF matches (in person, on television, or on video) for the purpose of gauging referee and assessor performance and providing feedback as needed.
- Work with the Head of Refereeing for UNCAF and CFU to develop referee development programs for the grassroots to the World Cup level.
- Create a video library from all CONCACAF matches to be used for training purposes.
- Oversee regular training of referees, assessors and instructors through the use of video, on-line solutions, and other mechanisms.
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: (Secondary to required function)
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Support FIFA initiatives.
- Ensure all logistical issues are performed and managed correctly as far as game, tournament, and event management are concerned.
- Plan and budget referee functions.
- Be the focal point for communication/questions from referees, assessors, instructors, member associations and team administrators relative to refereeing issues.
- Write technical reports for each CONCACAF tournament providing an overview of referee performance.
- Provide performance feedback to referees and assessors.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as a FIFA referee or assistant referee and/or as a top-level professional referee
- Experience managing staff and others in a professional environment
- Ability to travel
- Proficiency in preparing video clips
- Good comprehension of PowerPoint and creating spreadsheets using Excel
- Ideal candidate is bi-lingual (English and Spanish).
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules including game nights to reflect the business needs of the company.
CONCACAF provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical and dental insurance, life insurance and a paid time-off program.
CONCACAF is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
To apply, please contact: email@example.com.